Sunday, July 08, 2007

God Save the Queen

What a great weekend to be in England and its not because of the weather. Personally, I don't fancy the country and would rather go to any other country in Europe or Australia, I was in gloomy and expensive London 2 weeks ago, but for this weekend there is no where else i'd rather be.

Why you ask? 3 reasons...

1. The Open Championships - Wimbledon
Last night Venus Williams won her 4th title, this time as 23rd seed. Tonights Men's dream final is between the top two... as usual Federer vs. Nadal with the World #1 going for his 5th consecutive title to tie Legend Bjorn Borg's record.

2. Le Tour de France
For the first time in its 100 year history Le Tour starts from London. Stage 1, the prologue time trial, was won last night by World Time Trial Champion Fabian Cancellara.

3. British F1 GP
Lewis Hamilton (see previous post) grabs pole position in his maiden home GP. Should be an awesome race later today with Ferrari finally giving a challenge to McLaren after last weeks 1-2 finish.
......................................................................................

by the way... as soon as I posted "I am not as busy now at work so I can start blogging again" in my blog, I was called to the office yesterday (Saturday) from 10am to 5pm and I'm actually in the office now (its a bloody Sunday!!!)...

Does my CEO read my blog?!?!