Thursday, July 05, 2007

I'm Back......

In an effort to revive this blog..... I have returned...

Well.. its been ages since my last posting and lots has happened since then. Some major highlights include being able to have a conversation with my daughter (yes, she can talk now), my wife being pregnant again and my house is now ready to be moved into bar some minor fixes (yes, all renovations have been completed). I plan to move into my new house in a couple of weeks.

On the work/career side of things, it has been relatively good. Not as busy (i.e. working long hours) like when I first joined here. Got a decent 12% increment and a very healhty 12 months bonus that 100% went to pay off credit cards and home renovations. At least I didn't have to take up a loan for the renovations and furniture for my new house. Although the renumeration has been good and I have no intention of leaving just yet, I have been approached by a few companies. To date, none have been exciting enough to make me leave but you never know.

I have also been traveling quite a bit. I have been in the office only 2 weeks in the last 7. The latest being a 14-day trip to Europe covering Madrid, Barcelona, Vienna & London. On top of that I took an extra 3 days for leisure in Amsterdam (my current favourite place on Earth). Anyway, during the trip, besides work i had the opportunity to visit and view 3 stadiums. The Santiago Bernabeau of Real Madrid, The Camp Nou of FC Barcelona and The Amterdam Arena of Ajax Amsterdam. Below are some photos of my trip.




Thats me at the Santiago Bernabeau stadium








In front of the Nou Camp







Was probably not smart enough to study here 17 years ago here but thats me at Cambridge University






Monument to Johann Strauss in Vienna



p/s: This is the first time I have posted my pictures on my blog since its inception. I figure it will be the only way to keep me interested in maintaining this blog. Therefore, you will see some changes in postings

Tomorrow, back to some sports....