Thursday, June 15, 2006

Temporary Bachelorhood Over, Aly & the Dutch Jersey

For the last 3 days my wife and daughter was away in Singapore shopping. Due to this I was a reborn bachelor for 3 days. After not being one for over 2 years it was a weird feeling coming home from work to an empty house, having to 'plan' dinner with other single guys, even showering with the bathroom door open felt weird.

All this ended last night, truth be told, I'm actually happy they returned.

For one, I finally woke up on time. But most of all I miss having Aly around. I guess she missed me too. They arrived home at around 11pm last night and Aly was asleep in the taxi. When transporting her from the cab to the bedroom, she woke up. Then 'dah-dee' had to be by her side until she slept again, which took almost an hour as she was fighting it and kept on checking if i was lying down beside her. This morning she wouldn't let me shower to go to work and wanted me to be with her... I guess this is one of the joys of haveing a kid... and yes.. I missed my wife too..:)
I would also like to thank my wife for getting me an 'original' Dutch World Cup jersey in Singapore. I stress the 'original' as my Euro 2004 Dutch jersey was bought at PS Boutique or more commonly known as Petaling Street.